Riverside Theatre is located at 119 E College St. on the Ped Mall in the heart of downtown Iowa City.
Not finding an answer to your question below? Please contact the Riverside Theatre Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Tuesday – Friday 11am – 4pm at (319) 887-1360.
Riverside Theatre is located off I-80, Iowa Highway 1 and US Highway 6.
If you are traveling on I-80, take Exit 244 (Dubuque Street exit). Drive south until you cannot go any further: you’re now at a “T” intersection with Washington Street. The Ped Mall is directly in front of you. Proceed to one of the ramps listed below or find a metered spot.
The downtown bus exchange is located 1 1/2 blocks from Riverside Theatre. Whether taking a Coralville, Iowa City, or Cambus route, get off at the downtown exchange located on the west 100 block of Washington St. between the UI Pentecrest and Old Capitol Town Center. From the corner of Washington and Clinton, proceed South until you reach a traffic light – the entrance to the ped mall is on the East side of the street, walk 50 yards and Riverside Theatre (119 E College) is on your right.
More information on local bus routes can be found HERE.
By Taxi/Uber/Lyft OR being dropped off:
The best locations for drop-off are either
- The Graduate Hotel roundabout located off E Burlington St at 210 S. Dubuque St. From the roundabout, take the sidewalk north along the Graduate Hotel to the Ped Mall. Riverside Theatre is a few buildings down on your left. If the driver of the vehicle is joining you, the Dubuque St Ramp is the best option for parking and is located next to the Graduate.
- Temporary loading spaces are available on Clinton St, in front of Yotopia – 132 S. Clinton St.
If you are parking to come to daily box office hours, please note that the first hour in all downtown Iowa City ramps is FREE.
- Dubuque Street Ramp – 280 S. Dubuque Street
- ½ block from the theatre | First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
- Capitol St. Lot – 253 S. Clinton Street
- 1 block from the theatre | First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
- Court Street Lot
- 2 blocks from the theatre | First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
Downtown parking meters are enforced Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), coins as well as the mobile parking payment app PassportParking are accepted. Metered spaces are free on Sundays.
More information on parking in downtown Iowa City can be found HERE.